There are some other things that you can do to help your camera and viewer connect.
If you have Android devices:
(Presence) Clear Data: << This is usually the most effective thing that you can do.
- Go to your Android Settings > Apps ( Applications ) > Presence> Clear Data.
- Definitely on your camera device. A good idea to do this on all devices.
- Move device closer to the router.
- If you are using wifi and if it is an option. Sometimes just moving it a bit helps.
- Give the viewer some time to connect to the camera- It might take a little while?
Ensure good connectivity
Presence requires a consistent connection and may stop responding if it loses connection for an extended period. We have noticed that attempting to view a camera remotely using a weak connection can have undesired effects, especially if Motion Detection is enabled. Some people have found that placing their cameras closer to the access point has helped.
SpeedTest: A reliable way to find out exactly what is going on is to measure it. SpeedTest by Ookla free on the App store will give you a good assessment of your connectivity. The minimum to run Presence is 2.5 Mbps download and 1.5 Mbps upload.
Clean up Presence
Do you have multiple copies of your camera devices? Delete the oldest ones ( highest up the list ).
Clean up your camera
Do you have a lot of old photos you can delete? Don’t mind resetting your old phone? Make sure to close any background applications to give Presence your device's full attention.
For the vast majority of our users, these steps get things connected.